Last month, in the heart of the nation's capital, two of our dedicated Program Managers, Dewitt Mayfield and Sean Caulfield had the unique opportunity to represent BMA at the Association of the United States Army (AUSA) Conference in Washington, D.C. This annual event, renowned for its commitment to strengthening our nation's defense and supporting our armed forces, was an enlightening experience that left a profound impact on our team.
Dewitt Mayfield & Sean Caulfield
Check out this interview with Dewitt, our Director of Support Services on his experience at AUSA.
1. What motivated you to attend the AUSA conference, and what were your expectations before going? AUSA is a very large conference with over 30,000 attendees. It is a great opportunity to network with not only the Army, but with almost everyone in the industry.
2. Can you share a memorable moment or experience from the conference that stood out to you? I had a very busy time meeting with numerous potential teaming partners. I also attended several social events, including the Fort Cavazos/Central Texas AUSA Chapter.
3. Were there any key takeaways or insights that you gained from the conference which you believe will benefit BMA? In my meetings with the potential teaming partners, we established some relationships that may potentially turn in to business opportunities.
4. How do you plan to integrate the knowledge and experiences gained from the conference into your work at BMA? We are following up with the companies we met with. Our hope is to expand our portfolio of teaming partners, to expand the number of opportunities in the future.
5. What advice would you give to young professionals attending their first professional conference? Personal relationships are very important when developing business opportunities. Take the time to get to know people and establish trust.